There’s little worse than watching your furry friends in pain. After hikes, playdates in the snow or on hot pavement, and daily walks with the family, your dog or cat might need some TLC. When they spend all day on their precious paws, this homemade ointment is sure to do the trick. Try this DIY paw balm to keep your pet’s paws happy all year round.
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 1 teaspoon V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex
- 1 drop Animal Scents® Pet Renew™
- 1 drop Animal Scents® Pet Fresh™
- 1 drop Animal Scents® PuriClean™
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and place over medium heat until everything is melted and mixed well.
- Pour into a small glass storage container and let cool for 2–3 hours or until fully solidified.
- Massage a small amount into your pet’s paws when in need of a little extra pampering.
Interested in learning more about how to use essential oils around beloved animals? Check out this post for tips and tricks for animals small to large.