Thieves Hand Sanitizer effectively eliminates common, harmful germs and bacteria. And it leaves your hands soft and smelling fresh and clean.
One of the tricks I use to stay healthy is a hand sanitizer. If you’re like me then you never want to run out. Did you know, “not all hand santizers are created equal!” That’s right! This recipe is toxin free and can eliminate up 99.99% of germs from your hands. Wow, right!? No harsh chemicals and it can eliminate up to 99.99% of germs from your hands. And, it’s safe for your kids too! As an added bonus, in a pinch you can use it as a deodorant and on itchy skin/bug bites. These are fun tips I picked up on my journey with essential oils.
This recipe will help keep your hands clean when soap and water isn’t available.
DIY Waterless Hand Sanitizer – Alcohol free
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: N/A
Yield: 2.5 oz.
Special Equipment: squeeze bottle(s)
3 Tablespoons 100% Aloe Vera Gel (some aloe already has vitamin E added)
1 Tablespoon Distilled Water
1 Tablespoon Witch Hazel (or vodka)
1/8 Teaspoons Vitamin E Oil
15 Drops Thieves Essential Oil
5 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
Combine the aloe vera gel, water, witch hazel, vitamin E oil, Thieves essential oil, and Peppermint essential oil in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to a squeeze bottle(s) using a funnel. Shake before each use and apply as needed. Place around the house and keep a travel size with you to have at all times.
Here are some suggestions for when you might need a hand sanitizer:
- After shaking hands with someone (but not while they’re still standing there, 😉 but shortly afterward)
- After carrying in and/or opening your mail or delivered packages
- After touching a door knob in public
- After using a menu in a restaurant (although soap and water would be available)
- After petting your pets
- After shopping and before touching your car steering wheel
- When do you use your hand sanitizer? Please comment below with your suggestions.
If you’re not using Young Living essential oils and products please contact me, I’d love to get you started on your journey and help you along the way.